One size doesn’t fit all. From our in-depth family/guardian intake process to matching clients with the appropriate caregiver, we personalize our services to meet the needs of our clients and their loved ones.
Continuity of Care
At All About Seniors, you and your loved one can count on the continuity of our services. We pride ourselves on having the same caregiver working with our clients. We create meaningful relationships and strive to enrich the lives of our clients by understanding and honouring who they are.
Registered Nurse 24/7
At all times, our Home Care clients are assisted with their medical concerns. Our caregivers are supported by a Registered Nurse who is on call 24/7 to deal with requests, big or small.
Our Senior Home Care Calgary Services
At All About Seniors, we provide a tailored service to suit each of our client’s needs, no matter if it’s large or small.
We are dedicated to providing continued quality home care to our clients in Calgary and establish meaningful relationships between our staff members and clients.
Not only do we incorporate as many elder care services as the senior requires, but we also go above and beyond to offer our clients and their families the assurance and quality of life they deserve.
By determining which of our employees is best suited to our clients, we’re able to offer an exemplary, heartfelt service that is second to none.
What Sets All About Seniors Apart?
All About Seniors is a private agency in Calgary. We provide a broad range of services for seniors in their place of residence, including their home or retirement facility. Our services may include:
- Personal Care: This may include help with using the toilet, dressing, bathing, and grooming. It ensures our client feels confident and safe in his or her own home.
- Palliative Care: Ensures our clients retain their privacy and dignity at all times. It provides quality of life and full support and comfort to those saying goodbye to someone they love.
- Foot Care: The health of our client’s feet is paramount to their mobility. Our foot care nurse monitors and assists their foot health to keep them as active as possible.
- Medication Assistance: Managing medication can often be difficult, which is why we provide all the reassurance and assistance our clients need. This varies from daily help to initial support with new medication.
- Dementia Care: Our caregivers are specially trained to deal with the physical and emotional challenges of all types of dementia. They support the client and their family throughout, using ongoing assessments and tailored services to provide the care they need.
- Light Housekeeping: To keep their home happy and healthy, we can help with light housekeeping, such as dusting and vacuuming. We may also assist with laundry.
- Companionship: All About Seniors has always taken pride in providing more than just caregiving services. Our companionship service provides the senior with a friendly face that they can always rely on. We match our clients with the right caregivers to create meaningful relationships. This boosts our client’s mental and emotional well being and provides an added sense of security.
- Fall Prevention: We can assess a client’s home for a potential trip and fall hazards, providing recommendations on the changes needed to make this a safe and secure space.
- Stocking Assistance: Patients often struggle to bend forward to put their support or compression stockings on. We can help by ensuring that’s where we can help by ensuring their stockings are changed on a regular basis and as recommended by their doctor.
- Meal Preparation: To make sure our clients are eating the right foods at the right time, we can assist with meal preparation. This includes planning the meals beforehand and preparing them on the day.
- Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy Referral: If we feel our client will benefit from occupational or physiotherapy, we will refer them to a respected practitioner in the local area.
Our Care Program
For clients in need of Companionship.
Our visits at this level can include one-on-one visitation, reminiscing, reading, and cognitive stimulation. We also encourage participation in programs offered and socializing with others. Transportation to appointments can be arranged along with personalized outing such as shopping, museums, a coffee shop, or out for a meal. (Including care for clients with Dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease).
For clients in need of Companionship and some assistance with Activities of Daily Living.
Our visits can include all services at level 1, plus assistance with Activities of Daily Living (bathing and personal hygiene), medication assistance, homemaking and meal preparation by a certified Health Care Aide.
For clients in need of Nursing Care.
Our visits can include all services at level 2, plus care from a Licenced Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse, which may include wound care, post-operative care, or palliative care.
Our Client Care Process
Client Intake Process
We meet with each client and their family to understand the senior’s personality and ongoing needs so that we may make a meaningful match with one of our caregivers.
This process includes fully understanding their medical background, family history and dynamics, likes/dislikes, as well as subjects and activities geared towards each client.
Assigning The Caregiver
Our second step is to assign a caregiver and meet with your loved one to ensure compatibility.
When the match works, it sticks and both our client and staff member benefit from a mutually enriching relationship.
Our intention is to always provide continuity of care and nurture of one-on-one experience.
Provision of Service
As our client’s needs change, we will be able to accommodate any necessary adjustments to ensure the client remains in their home environment with individuals that know them.
We have various levels of care and services that can meet almost any health care need.
We are also able to connect with other resources to ensure our clients continue to receive outstanding care in their home environment.
After each visit, a report is provided to families, giving an accurate depiction of our time with their loved one.
The report can include activities engaged in, the demeanour of client, food/fluid intake, behavioural changes, memorable moments, health and safety concerns noted, and any other pertinent information.
Glowing Client Reviews
“Several years ago I spoke with Lynn because I needed someone to help my Mom with grocery shopping and other errands while I was travelling.
Things worked out so well and mom enjoyed her visits so much that we changed to weekly service year round. We both appreciate the professionalism and kindness that Lynn and her staff display.
Mom’s visits with Joanne are a highlight of her day. All About Seniors has been extremely flexible with us as mom ages and her needs have increased.
It is wonderful to have a weekly update when I cannot be there to keep an eye on her myself. I would not hesitate to recommend this outstanding group of people to anyone.”
“Finding All About Seniors has been absolutely life-changing for my Grandmother and myself.
Having lost my mom to cancer I found it really overwhelming to make sure my 96-year-old grandma was getting enough companionship and her care was not falling through the cracks.
We hired All About Seniors for 2 visits a week and the difference it has made in my grandma’s happiness is incredible, we love it so much we have gone up to 5 visits a week! She looks forward to the visits so much and they bring so much light into her days!!
It helps me sleep better at night knowing she has someone checking in on her and the daily update emails have been so helpful for me to keep a pulse on what is going on when I am unable to visit for extended periods.”
Founded in 1997, All About Seniors has always taken pride in providing more than just caregiving services. We are dedicated to improving our clients’ quality of life.
We proudly provide compassionate Companion Care and Elder Home Care Services to Calgary seniors living in any environment, whether that be at home, assisted living or in full care facilities.
Through interaction with our incredible caregivers, our clients experience enriched lives, improving their happiness and the peace of mind of the families who love them.
We believe in creating meaningful relationships with our clients and their families by employing caregivers who are emotionally available. We strive to know the individual needs of each client, respecting who they are and who they were prior to their needs change.
We also understand that our credentials are important to you. All About Seniors conducts Police Clearance checks, personality screenings and job qualification interviews on all our caregivers. Our leadership team provides continuous coaching and mentorship to staff members throughout their tenure.
We understand this journey can be overwhelming. With 20 years of combined hands-on experience, our office staff are here to support and listen.
Each and every All About Seniors staff member is provided training and ongoing education from licensed educators, certified by the Alzheimer Society of Calgary. They are trained to work with concerns common in seniors, including Alzheimer’s and other forms of Dementia.
All About Seniors is trusted by the Calgary Court System’s Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee as a valuable part of the care team with their clients.